Aselia the Eternal official thread/FAQ

Discussion of English translated bishoujo games released by Peach Princess, G-Collections and other companies.

Re: Aselia the Eternal official thread/FAQ

Postby Lancer-X » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:02 am

Justin iZ Here wrote:now if Jast does seinarukana il be ecstatic. if they do an all ages verrsion i shall cry.

There's no all-ages version of Seinarukana. Probably because the game is too shit to bother~~
嗚呼、素晴らしきエロゲー世界
Latest review: 創世奇譚アエリアル
Lancer-X
OTAKU!

Postby Nandemonai » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:50 am

Justin iZ Here wrote:meh i read dakkodango's translation forever ago...the same version mind you, i see no reason to buy it if its the same stuff

Did you buy the Japanese version of the game to use with the patch? If not, then you haven't really supported the creators.

And even if you had, there's an argument in favor of buying the translated version. If it doesn't sell well, Xuse will likely bow out of future localizations of their stuff at all. If they make overtures to the West, and nobody in the West responds, they're just wasting time and money, after all ...
Nandemonai
OTAKU!

Postby Lancer-X » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:51 am

Pretty much why I'm going to buy it- it's frigging EIEN NO ASELIA, you can drop a couple of bucks to support JAST and XUSE and Japan.
嗚呼、素晴らしきエロゲー世界
Lancer-X
OTAKU!

Postby Shingo » Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:10 am

Hey all,

Just dropping in to note that due to technical issues that have arisen in the process of adapting Xuse's existing PS2 localization material to the PC game format, we have consulted with Dakkodango and decided to partner with them to expedite production and release the game in a timely manner. They graciously agreed to license their translation and game assets for purposes of this release, so the translation you'll see in the version we will have for you is the same one that is currently in their patch (following our standard checking pass, which we doubt will touch much of anything given the high quality of their localization).

To address a few possible issues, firstly the licensing of this or any other translation involves agreed-upon compensation. Dakkodango has been great in working with us and we're happy they chose to take this step with us. We understand that since it's essentially a version of the game that people have played before, we'll need to increase the value proposition of the package release for those who've played it (hopefully with a fun extra or two), and also expand the scope of sales beyond our traditional adult games market for this game to see its true potential. We'll be working on those options in the coming weeks and months.

One of the reasons we're happy to be able to speed production on Aselia is that it puts us in a good place to focus on Yumina next, as well as other games that we'll have news about later this summer. Stay tuned!
Shingo
BBS Staff Member

Postby Lancer-X » Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:28 pm

Shingo wrote:To address a few possible issues, firstly the licensing of this or any other translation involves agreed-upon compensation. Dakkodango has been great in working with us and we're happy they chose to take this step with us. We understand that since it's essentially a version of the game that people have played before, we'll need to increase the value proposition of the package release for those who've played it (hopefully with a fun extra or two), and also expand the scope of sales beyond our traditional adult games market for this game to see its true potential. We'll be working on those options in the coming weeks and months.

To be fair, offering the title standalone is still better value than people would get otherwise- you can't buy Kono Daichi for PC standalone unless it's second hand; you can only get it with a particular release of Seinarukana that is no longer in print. So yeah, in general I'm just thrilled that JAST is offering it at all. I'm hoping it does well, especially in other markets, because it's a truly great game and everyone should play it.
嗚呼、素晴らしきエロゲー世界
Lancer-X
OTAKU!

Postby blinkwinkel » Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:01 am

I'm really happy to see this game being translated, I played Eien no Aselia - Kono Daichi no Hate de and really liked it. I don't normally buy these kind of games because most of them contain hentai material, or are Japanese only and the only way to play them in english is by downloading fan-translated versions. But I used to buy all of Hirameki International's visual novels to support them when they were in buisness, since they were the only ones who were translating non-hentai visual novels. Now I'm happy the see that JastUSA is bringing back more games of this genre, and I will definitely support them by pre-ordering a copy.
blinkwinkel

Postby michelous » Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:28 am

so i will now buy i since jast licensed part 2
my youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/Hakelous please rate and comment my videos
michelous
OTAKU!

Postby Lancer-X » Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:14 pm

michelous wrote:so i will now buy i since jast licensed part 2

It's not 'part 2', it's a tangentially related completely different story with completely different characters. It's as much of a sequel to Eien no Aselia as Final Fantasy 7 is to Final Fantasy 6.
嗚呼、素晴らしきエロゲー世界
Lancer-X
OTAKU!

Postby fujifruit » Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:02 pm

Saihate no Ima where?
fujifruit
Intermediate Member

Postby Lancer-X » Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:05 pm

fujifruit wrote:Saihate no Ima where?

It starts with 'N', contains a 'v' and ends in 'r'. And it's not 'November'.
嗚呼、素晴らしきエロゲー世界
Lancer-X
OTAKU!

Postby Ericridge » Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:42 am

doh wrong post
Ericridge
Intermediate Member

Postby gekiganwing » Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:27 am

Aselia the Eternal, along with several other planned JAST games, was added to Rightstuf's list of upcoming products today. My only complaint is that it was tagged as an adult product, when in fact it will not include any explicit content.

blinkwinkel wrote:... I used to buy all of Hirameki International's visual novels to support them when they were in buisness, since they were the only ones who were translating non-hentai visual novels...

The last Hirameki product was released in spring 2007. In the last four years, there have been a number of worksafe visual novels released for sale in English. You kinda need to look around a bit in order to find out what's available. Not everything is on Windows, or sold on a disc. A fair number of western and translated VNs are sold strictly through paid download services. A modest number of VNs have been released on consoles, iOS, and Android devices in English. And while importing is usually expensive, occasionally there's a modest priced import VN which will work with fan-made translation patches.
gekiganwing

Postby michelous » Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:11 pm

this and president should go gold pretty soon Game updates: Aselia will be Master up next week, off to the printers. President the week after! http://twitter.com/#!/jastusa
my youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/Hakelous please rate and comment my videos
michelous
OTAKU!

Postby LexarV » Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:53 pm

gekiganwing wrote:Aselia the Eternal, along with several other planned JAST games, was added to Rightstuf's list of upcoming products today. My only complaint is that it was tagged as an adult product, when in fact it will not include any explicit content.

Did you message them about that? I just went ahead and told them it wasn't adult...
Sounds like they will have it updated soon! (Now it will be in the normal DVD/CD Rom game section, along with Kira Kira, Higurashi and others
LexarV
Intermediate Member

Postby DarkFusion » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:46 pm

DarkFusion
OTAKU!

Postby LexarV » Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:46 pm

Aselia has been moved to the non-adult game section on rightstuf. Although, they put release date as Dec, 2012 ...

Golden Master on its way, nice!
"Included with the game are an insert manual as well as the game Guidebook and map of Phantasmagoria on disc as prepared by Dakkodango for the release."
Too bad they couldn't do a cloth map extra :P I miss those

I wonder what the Guidebook contains?
LexarV
Intermediate Member

Postby Lancer-X » Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:00 pm

LexarV wrote:Too bad they couldn't do a cloth map extra :P I miss those

I've still got my Ultima IV cloth map. It's a bit hard to read now, though, so I don't actually use it in practice- especially since the Ultima V map is pretty much the same and much more practical.
嗚呼、素晴らしきエロゲー世界
Lancer-X
OTAKU!

Postby Shade453 » Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:28 pm

LexarV wrote:Aselia has been moved to the non-adult game section on rightstuf. Although, they put release date as Dec, 2012 ...

"12/12/12" is Rightstufs' default date when something doesn't have an official date..
Shade453
Intermediate Member

Postby LexarV » Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:47 pm

I thought as much about the date... but, it was probably good to clear that up to prevent confusion :D

Lancer-X wrote:
LexarV wrote:Too bad they couldn't do a cloth map extra :P I miss those

I've still got my Ultima IV cloth map. It's a bit hard to read now, though, so I don't actually use it in practice- especially since the Ultima V map is pretty much the same and much more practical.

I think I have a cloth U7 map, and a cloth u9 map? u6 was paper, and sadly my u8 (and cloth map) was sold for Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego, because mom didn't like the giant PAGAN and pentagram :evil: ;_;

Speaking of maps, I tried to somewhat recreate U7's map in Age of Wonders...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0SyAlencOI < nostalgia

You know, I think U7 : serpent's isle had the first h-scene I was ever exposed to :oops:

...Are there any games that have lived up to U7? That detailed, extremely open and interactive world...
LexarV
Intermediate Member

Postby Nandemonai » Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:14 am

Shade453 wrote:"12/12/12" is Rightstufs' default date when something doesn't have an official date..

I wonder what they're going to do when that date is in the past? I dunno what system they're using, but I'd expect many of them won't like an "anticipated release date" in the past. Perhaps 01/23/45?
Nandemonai
OTAKU!

Postby demonix » Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:58 pm

Nandemonai wrote:
Shade453 wrote:"12/12/12" is Rightstufs' default date when something doesn't have an official date..

I wonder what they're going to do when that date is in the past? I dunno what system they're using, but I'd expect many of them won't like an "anticipated release date" in the past. Perhaps 01/23/45?

They'll most likely start using the "date to be determined" mark that their currently using in the item description.
demonix
Intermediate Member

Postby Dark_Shiki » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:49 pm

Based on the "all-ages" tag on the box art, I assume JAST didn't submit the game to the ESRB. A member on the NISA board pointed out the fact that, outside of the VN community, "all-ages" has a different meaning. If the game attracts enough attention, JAST could have a potential problem on their hands for recommending games with mature (non-ero) content for "all-ages". Aselia isn't 18+ material, but it's not 'E' material either.
Light without Darkness is but a sterile glare,
For without Darkness, there is naught for Light to illuminate.
As the condemning Light shines, the shades of imagination vanish.
And thus the Light triumphs,
Its brilliance as blinding as Darkness's depths.
Dark_Shiki
OTAKU!

Postby Lancer-X » Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:04 am

Dark_Shiki wrote:If the game attracts enough attention, JAST could have a potential problem on their hands for recommending games with mature (non-ero) content for "all-ages". Aselia isn't 18+ material, but it's not 'E' material either.

Eien no Aselia, Kono Daichi no Hate de was rated 12+ by CERO, though, so it's not as bad as calling a 15+ game 'all-ages'. That said, plenty of CERO 12+/B games get rated ~17+ in other countries but differing cultural norms will always be problematic.
嗚呼、素晴らしきエロゲー世界
Lancer-X
OTAKU!

Postby TDOMMX » Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:22 pm

Dark_Shiki wrote:Aselia isn't 18+ material, but it's not 'E' material either.

"Le sanglot des cigales" (the French localization of Higurashi no Naku Koro ni) is rated PEGI 7+.

(Incidentally, "Le sanglot des cigales" translates to "The Cry of the Cicadas". The "sang" is written in red = "sang" is the French word for "blood". This is how you do a proper localization, weeaboos be damned.)
This is TDOMMX signing out.
TDOMMX
Intermediate Member

Postby Lancer-X » Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:14 am

TDOMMX wrote:
Dark_Shiki wrote:Aselia isn't 18+ material, but it's not 'E' material either.

"Le sanglot des cigales" (the French localization of Higurashi no Naku Koro ni) is rated PEGI 7+.

That's also a misapplied rating. PEGI only rates games and have a rather strict definition of 'game' so they rated the supplied minigames, not Higurashi itself (which is almost definitely at least 15+ if not higher). Ridiculous but kind of funny!
嗚呼、素晴らしきエロゲー世界
Lancer-X
OTAKU!

PreviousNext

Return to English Bishoujo Game Discussions