Something I noticed about eroges

Discussion of English translated bishoujo games released by Peach Princess, G-Collections and other companies.

Re: Something I noticed about eroges

Postby Nandemonai » Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:19 am

Nargrakhan wrote:It's exceedingly rare for me to find NEW twincest and yandere, having seen literally hundreds of examples, anymore.

I'm probably going to regret this, but I take that as a challenge :) So you've seen games where:

1) One of the twins is a ghost / has been turned into a vampire / etc, but not the other?
2) A game with twincest where the twins are 85 years old?
3) The twincest are both attached to one guy, who is neither the main character nor one of the bad guys, and the main character never gets in on the action?
4) The twincest pretend to be one person for whatever reason, and take turns going about a single life?
5) Android twincest?
6) Not sure if this one counts, but someone noted for resembling their parents (when the parent was their age) uses a time machine to get into a love triangle with their own parents?
7) The twincest are the same gender as the main character, and in fact are the MC's competition (taking the girl away from the MC if the player does poorly enough at the game)?

Don't think I can think of any more ... Oh, and if you HAVE seen #6, by all means please elaborate. That sounds interesting :)

Edit: Thought of one more ¬_¬
Nandemonai
OTAKU!

Postby zalas » Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:30 am

Nandemonai wrote:I'm probably going to regret this, but I take that as a challenge :) So you've seen games where:

1) One of the twins is a ghost / has been turned into a vampire / etc, but not the other?

Do clones count? There has to have been a story about this...
2) A game with twincest where the twins are 85 years old?

85's quite a specific number. Do you mean old appearance or old "actual age"?
3) The twincest are both attached to one guy, who is neither the main character nor one of the bad guys, and the main character never gets in on the action?

I'm trying to remember if this happened in Sengoku Rance...
5) Android twincest?

Are you excluding gynoid twincest from that category? There's those two robot maids from ARPG...
6) Not sure if this one counts, but someone noted for resembling their parents (when the parent was their age) uses a time machine to get into a love triangle with their own parents?

No idea but that would be hilarious and entertaining!
zalas
Intermediate Member

Postby Lancer-X » Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:37 am

Nandemonai wrote:1) One of the twins is a ghost / has been turned into a vampire / etc, but not the other?

Bifronte and a number of other titles I can't think of right now. But there's a few.
Nandemonai wrote:2) A game with twincest where the twins are 85 years old?

Nobody wants an eroge with old people. Also, what Zalas said.
Nandemonai wrote:3) The twincest are both attached to one guy, who is neither the main character nor one of the bad guys, and the main character never gets in on the action?

I can't recall anything like this in Sengoku Rance, which I don't think has twins at all actually.
Nandemonai wrote:4) The twincest pretend to be one person for whatever reason, and take turns going about a single life?

The most recent release of Kizuato for a bit, although it's more one sided. Hana to Otome, too, although it's not really 'cest'.
Nandemonai wrote:5) Android twincest?

Can't think of any off the top of my head but no doubt it exists.
Nandemonai wrote:6) Not sure if this one counts, but someone noted for resembling their parents (when the parent was their age) uses a time machine to get into a love triangle with their own parents?

Take out the 'resembling' part (so there's nothing remotely 'twin' about it) and I've recently played an eroge with this.
嗚呼、素晴らしきエロゲー世界
Latest review: 創世奇譚アエリアル
Lancer-X
OTAKU!

Postby fujifruit » Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:45 am

"Take out the 'resembling' part (so there's nothing remotely 'twin' about it) and I've recently played an eroge with this."
Can we get a name?
fujifruit
Intermediate Member

Postby Lancer-X » Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:46 am

fujifruit wrote:"Take out the 'resembling' part (so there's nothing remotely 'twin' about it) and I've recently played an eroge with this."
Can we get a name?

Nekonade Distortion
嗚呼、素晴らしきエロゲー世界
Lancer-X
OTAKU!

Postby Nandemonai » Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:49 am

zalas wrote:
Nandemonai wrote:85's quite a specific number. Do you mean old appearance or old "actual age"?

True. I meant someone who looked quite elderly. You're right, 85 is overly specific. (And probably cheating as well, since most eroge studiously avoid mentioning actual ages anyway.)

And yes, I know nobody wants old people in their eroge. That's why I listed it :)

I am also impressed by the fact that it didn't even take ten minutes for examples of half of them to get posted. That was fast.
Last edited by Nandemonai on Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nandemonai
OTAKU!

Postby Ericridge » Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:54 am

Dark skin not moe? Really Seriously?

I beg to differ. Most popular combination with dark skin is white hair. It works.

And no, I don't know what words on the picture means, but i'd assume its a curse, you will now die for seeing such a awesome picture.

On a side note, I didn't know this forum have 600 pixel limitation. XD Had to shrink the picture abit to be able to post it.

And if U wanna know where girls is from, Its from Xenosaga series. It rocks.
Ericridge
Intermediate Member

Postby fujifruit » Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:07 am

Ericridge wrote:Dark skin not moe? Really Seriously?

I beg to differ. Most popular combination with dark skin is white hair. It works.

And no, I don't know what words on the picture means, but i'd assume its a curse, you will now die for seeing such a awesome picture.

On a side note, I didn't know this forum have 600 pixel limitation. XD Had to shrink the picture abit to be able to post it.

And if U wanna know where girls is from, Its from Xenosaga series. It rocks.

That is milky skin not dark skin :l
fujifruit
Intermediate Member

Postby Ericridge » Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:31 am

Whats the difference.
Ericridge
Intermediate Member

Postby Nargrakhan » Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:37 am

Nandemonai wrote:
Nargrakhan wrote:It's exceedingly rare for me to find NEW twincest and yandere, having seen literally hundreds of examples, anymore.

I'm probably going to regret this, but I take that as a challenge :) So you've seen games where:

Gonna skip the ones others have already answered. Also just to point out, just because I don't answer it immediately, doesn't mean I don't think it exists: just that I don't recall anything immediately off the top of my head. Gotta dig through my collection to jog the memory. I think everything EXCEPT #2 has been done, in some shape or fashion (if only in a vague indirect manner).

Nandemonai wrote:1) One of the twins is a ghost / has been turned into a vampire / etc, but not the other?

Does the twin ghost have to be "visible" to count? There's a number of titles where the dead twin possesses her twin sister, but doesn't have her own body (see Gemini in ST5 for a non-hentai example). I forget the name of this eroge for some reason, but I remember this one involving a ghost twin being brought back to life in the end... I just happened to have the CG as a wallpaper, because it had twins and a yangire milf.

Nandemonai wrote:Android twincest?

Does Senjyo from White Cyc count? Game kinda blurs the line between gynoids and cyborgs...

Though really, this is a pretty common thing. It's just typically found under "machine maiden" or "robot girl" categories... or a light comedy sci-fi romp, that has the robot girl reveal she's just one of several exact model sisters, and overwhelm the hero with a "family" mass orgy. I know I can't be the only one who hasn't seen that over done before. :roll:

Nandemonai wrote:The twincest are the same gender as the main character, and in fact are the MC's competition (taking the girl away from the MC if the player does poorly enough at the game)?

Wasn't there a yaoi title that did just that? I remember someone around here trying to convince me to play it, describing a situation like that, but I never was able to find it... :|

***EDIT***

fujifruit wrote:That is milky skin not dark skin :l

Ericridge wrote:Whats the difference.

Ethnic Africans come in various tones, so naturally drawn renditions of them are similar. They come in "light tones" - which is more popular as of now in anime/manga/eroge... and then there's the "dark tones" which are only recently becoming mainstream in anime/manga (and I suspect eroge in the near future). I'm assuming he means light skinned when saying milky... as opposed to dark skinned like the girl below would be. But it all still falls under "dark skin" as far as the fetish/trope is concerned.

Though to be honest, anime/manga/eroge take very liberal notions to skin color. What's the difference between an Asian girl and American girl in your common eroge? Not her skin: it's the eyes and hair (blue and blonde for the obvious Westerner character has been played to death). Nadia is from Africa... and Rei is from Japan. Neither look like someone actually from these places though. :lol:

Fact: Twincest is Best!!
Addendum: Triplets are Better!!!
Corollary: A man's got to know his limitations.
Statement: Add yandere for excitement.
Nargrakhan
OTAKU!

Postby Jinnai » Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:17 am

Nargrakhan wrote:Though to be honest, anime/manga/eroge take very liberal notions to skin color. What's the difference between an Asian girl and American girl in your common eroge? Not her skin: it's the eyes and hair (blue and blonde for the obvious Westerner character has been played to death). Nadia is from Africa... and Rei is from Japan. Neither look like someone actually from these places though. :lol:

No! No! Say that ain't so!!!
Jinnai
OTAKU!

Postby Ericridge » Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:48 am

Did you just draw a picture to prove a point? That Nadia n Rei one.
Ericridge
Intermediate Member

Postby Lancer-X » Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:07 am

Ericridge wrote:Did you just draw a picture to prove a point? That Nadia n Rei one.

Pretty sure Narg didn't draw it. If he could draw like that he wouldn't need to hire artists for SOL Invictus.
嗚呼、素晴らしきエロゲー世界
Lancer-X
OTAKU!

Postby Ericridge » Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:44 am

Lancer-X wrote:
Ericridge wrote:Did you just draw a picture to prove a point? That Nadia n Rei one.

Pretty sure Narg didn't draw it. If he could draw like that he wouldn't need to hire artists for SOL Invictus.

Okay coz I'm surprised to see a picture of nadia n rei together. That's like uh rare? XD

Btw, whats SOL Invictus? Something u can't talk about yet?
Ericridge
Intermediate Member

Postby Nandemonai » Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:24 am

They're both from Gainax. It wouldn't surprise me to see such a thing in an artbook somewhere.

And SOL Invictus is the bishoujo game that Narg is writing in his spare time. (Well, technically, he's leading a project to do so, but he's the main motivating factor, so it's the same difference ...)
Nandemonai
OTAKU!

Postby Lancer-X » Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:06 am

Yes; I'm properly envious given that I've tried to write a VN a few times and never got far.
嗚呼、素晴らしきエロゲー世界
Lancer-X
OTAKU!

Postby Guest » Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:10 am

Does Utawarerumono count?
Intermediate Member

Postby TDOMMX » Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:24 pm

Guest wrote:

Does Utawarerumono count?

It should, but you'd be surprised by how many violently homophobic reactions there have been to learning Gura and Dorii's actual gender. The characters themselves flat-out state that they're guys (and they are disappointed when their offer to show proof is turned down). Their gender is brought up several times in the DVD extras as well, refuting claims that their gender was changed for the anime. In one extra, the tone is deathly serious: Eruruw asks if the two are girls, but Hakuoro corrects her and stresses that she shouldn't pry since the twins had a childhood they can't hope to understand (remember, they're war orphans who were saved from the depths of despair by Oboro). In another, the ambiguity is played for laughs: the characters hold a fanservice slideshow featuring the female cast of the show, but someone starts desperately insisting, "aren't Gura and Dorii's girls, too?".

Pardon the tangent. I'm just annoyed how some people can claim to be open-minded, yet grasp at straws to disprove canonical statements (how many people try to pass off skinfold as underboob when it comes to Utawarerumono?). Given the rise in the popularity of traps and reverse traps before the game was released (Jun Watarase, Bridget, Sheik), you'd think they'd recognize a trend forming...

Anyway, what happens between Oboro, Gura, and Dorii takes place largely off-camera. In the anime version, we're shown maybe one still frame for each scene hinting that their relationship is becoming physical. Nothing is ever shown in the original game. In many other titles like Quartett, we're shown couples that don't include the protagonist or the pursue-able leads consummating their relationships. Maybe the attitude is, "if we aren't shown it, it doesn't matter"? I dunno.
This is TDOMMX signing out.
TDOMMX
Intermediate Member

Postby Lancer-X » Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:48 pm

TDOMMX wrote:It should, but you'd be surprised by how many violently homophobic reactions there have been to learning Gura and Dorii's actual gender.

guess people don't want 801 in their eroge, even if it is offscreen!
嗚呼、素晴らしきエロゲー世界
Lancer-X
OTAKU!

Postby Nargrakhan » Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:24 am

Was looking for some new twincest to buy...

Nandemonai wrote:7) The twincest are the same gender as the main character, and in fact are the MC's competition (taking the girl away from the MC if the player does poorly enough at the game)?

An Atelier Sakura, where the playable hero has a twin brother involved for the same girl.
Nargrakhan
OTAKU!

Postby Nandemonai » Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:56 am

Impressive. I guess it really IS hard to come up with things that haven't been done before.
Nandemonai
OTAKU!

Postby Lurker » Thu May 05, 2011 9:49 pm

Nargrakhan wrote:

Though to be honest, anime/manga/eroge take very liberal notions to skin color. What's the difference between an Asian girl and American girl in your common eroge? Not her skin: it's the eyes and hair (blue and blonde for the obvious Westerner character has been played to death). Nadia is from Africa... and Rei is from Japan. Neither look like someone actually from these places though. :lol:

To be fair though , Rei has a reason that makes sense She's a hybrid clone of Lilith and Yui Ikari :wink:
NARG IS MY HERO! "Laugh and the world laughs with you ; weep and you weep alone" - Oldboy
Lurker
Veteran Member

Postby Nargrakhan » Fri May 06, 2011 12:10 am

Lurker wrote:To be fair though , Rei has a reason that makes sense She's a hybrid clone of Lilith and Yui Ikari :wink:

Well, if you wanna get that technical, Nadia isn't really African. She's actually one of the last surviving True Atlanteans, which means she's not even human to begin with. :P

Last edited by Nargrakhan on Fri May 06, 2011 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nargrakhan
OTAKU!

Postby michelous » Fri May 06, 2011 12:14 am

nadia looks more pacific islander than African anyway
my youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/Hakelous please rate and comment my videos
michelous
OTAKU!

Postby Nargrakhan » Fri May 06, 2011 12:18 am

michelous wrote:nadia looks more pacific islander than African anyway

True. She was found in Kenya though.

Like Obama. :wink:

Nargrakhan
OTAKU!

PreviousNext

Return to English Bishoujo Game Discussions