Demonbane summer 2010 release

Discussion of English translated bishoujo games released by Peach Princess, G-Collections and other companies.

Re: Demonbane summer 2010 release

Postby DarkFusion » Sat May 14, 2011 2:08 am

I haven't recieved any e-mail either, then again I'm currently working on clearing Koihime Musou, so I wouldn't have time to play it anyway
DarkFusion
OTAKU!

Postby nonhuman » Sat May 14, 2011 2:53 am

loli in anime is more based on body type regardless of age al is at least 1000 years old

She seems way too mature to be a child/teen anyways. Maybe it's just body type then? I guess that makes me a loli also.
nonhuman

Postby michelous » Sat May 14, 2011 2:55 am

this isn't koihime muso were most of the girls are clearly under 18
my youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/Hakelous please rate and comment my videos
michelous
OTAKU!

Postby DarkFusion » Sat May 14, 2011 3:08 am

Just got my shipping notice never mind
DarkFusion
OTAKU!

Postby michelous » Sat May 14, 2011 3:11 am

now to wait for mine
my youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/Hakelous please rate and comment my videos
michelous
OTAKU!

Postby jaimyahoo » Sat May 14, 2011 3:16 am

Your JAST USA order is shipping (# JAST34612 )

J-List Shipping San Diego

TO:

Message flagged
Saturday, May 14, 2011 2:27 AM

Greetings from J-List...

We thought you'd like an update on your JAST USA order. The order (# JAST34612 ) is scheduled to go out to you from our San Diego office within 24 hours. CD-ROM games, T-shirts, hoodies, hats and DVD players are stocked in our San Diego location for your convenience (all other items ship out of Japan).

The address on file for shipping this order is:

If there is a problem with this order, such as an error in the address, please reply to this message and let us know what the problem is. To make sure we see it as quickly as possible, the priority of the mail to "high" so we see it right away. If there's no problem with the order, then no reply is needed. Please note that emailing the staff in Japan with address corrections can cause delays since the order is being handled by the San Diego office.

We sincerely thank you for your order and hope to see you again soon at J-List!

The J-List San Diego staff
http://www.jlist.com

your notification email should look like this, plus your email address and shipping address...
jaimyahoo

Postby Nandemonai » Sat May 14, 2011 4:42 am

Got mine too ... Assuming this isn't another false alarm, we should be good to go. Maybe I'll even get it in time for ACen :P
Nandemonai
OTAKU!

Postby Ericridge » Sat May 14, 2011 5:32 am

Probably but my recent email was on may 6th it said something like this.

"Thanks for preordering the upcoming Cthulhu mythos visual novel Demonbane, and for being so patient while we got the game ready. We wanted to clarify one point: we have started “pre-processing” the orders for the game, but it has not actually begun shipping yet. Since we have so many preorders, we’ve learned that it’s faster to prepare the postage etc. on the envelopes ahead of time to avoid delays getting the game out when it arrives at our San Diego office. We expect the game to ship next week, and we’ll make sure to rush it out to you as quickly as we can.

Thanks again for your support, and we’ll get this awesome game title out to you very soon!"
Ericridge
Intermediate Member

Postby Nandemonai » Sat May 14, 2011 5:43 am

My recent email was from today in the afternoon and it said the game was shipping. I also received one of those fake I-can't-believe-it's-not-shipping mistaken emails. So this is the second time I've gotten an email telling me the game is shipping. Hopefully this time I'll actually receive it in the mail ¬_¬
Nandemonai
OTAKU!

Postby The124C41 » Sat May 14, 2011 6:33 am

I just got mine today, too. I almost didn't remember what I had ordered when I checked the mail and saw a package. After all the delays, it feels kind of unreal to actually have the game. I'm installing it right now, but I'll probably wait until tomorrow before really getting into it.

The art book is nothing special and doubles as the game's manual. There are some character profiles, followed by a page of mech illustrations, and then 8 full-page shots of various characters.
The124C41

Postby Ericridge » Sat May 14, 2011 6:37 am

Wtf u got ur demonbane today? I don't have mine yet! And its gonna be saturday today! ><
Ericridge
Intermediate Member

Postby The124C41 » Sat May 14, 2011 4:48 pm

Mine was shipped with USPS, which also delivers on Saturdays, so you still might get it today depending on the shipping carrier you went with.
The124C41

Postby eropanic » Sat May 14, 2011 5:47 pm

Misread something, ignore if you saw what was here before.

Yeah, despite being wishy-washy about it I don't think it would be real until it is in my hands. I basically joined the forums when I first heard about the partnership and that was almost a year ago, so it was a long wait.
eropanic
Intermediate Member

Postby Neko Hibiki » Sat May 14, 2011 6:37 pm

Went out to my mailbox and saw it. Took the package in. Opened it and saw the artbook/user's manual thing.

It has an activation code on back.

I open up the main disk box, and... the disk was loose and moving around. It also had more scratches than a cat scratching post does. The dvd-rom drive won't even recognize it.

:(

All that waiting, and for what now?

A disk that won't even work any?
---

Signature

- Nightgazer Starlight, Loyal Servant of The Royal Pony Sisters Princess Celestia and Princess Luna... Forever Equestria!
Neko Hibiki

Postby michelous » Sat May 14, 2011 6:49 pm

Neko Hibiki wrote:Went out to my mailbox and saw it. Took the package in. Opened it and saw the artbook/user's manual thing.

I open up the main disk box, and... the disk was loose and moving around. It also had more scratches than a cat scratching post does. The dvd-rom drive won't even recognize it.

if you complain they should give you a free dl version
michelous
OTAKU!

Postby Neko Hibiki » Sat May 14, 2011 7:46 pm

michelous wrote:
Neko Hibiki wrote:Went out to my mailbox and saw it. Took the package in. Opened it and saw the artbook/user's manual thing.

if you complain they should give you a free dl version

Where do I send said complaint to?
---

Signature

- Nightgazer Starlight, Loyal Servant of The Royal Pony Sisters Princess Celestia and Princess Luna... Forever Equestria!
Neko Hibiki

Postby michelous » Sat May 14, 2011 7:52 pm

either reply to the shipping email or go to jlist
michelous
OTAKU!

Postby GaiusMax » Sat May 14, 2011 8:08 pm

Got my copy today and I didn't even get a shipping email. I'm on the other side of the country from J-List, so anyone who preordered in the US probably has a good shot of getting it today.
GaiusMax
Intermediate Member

Postby Ericridge » Sat May 14, 2011 8:22 pm

Omg I hope i get mine today then.
Ericridge
Intermediate Member

Postby michelous » Sat May 14, 2011 8:35 pm

unless they ups mine i wont get it till monday
michelous
OTAKU!

Postby Bogg » Sun May 15, 2011 2:13 am

Just got mine. Wasn't even expecting it to come today.
Yeah I'm a gay guy who happens to love Bishoujo games. :D
Bogg

Postby Imagker » Sun May 15, 2011 6:53 am

What the hell.

Why are there no honorifics? I thought JAST was pro-honorifics. Outside the partial voicing, now I won't be able to know how characters are being addressed in respect to honorifics, won't be able to get that warm feel since I know I'm missing out on something that adds to the script and to characterization. Seriously, the delay was bad enough, and now I am even more disappointed in JAST.
Imagker

Postby Lancer-X » Sun May 15, 2011 6:56 am

Imagker wrote:What the hell.

Why are there no honorifics? I thought JAST was pro-honorifics. Outside the partial voicing, now I won't be able to know how characters are being addressed in respect to honorifics, won't be able to get that warm feel since I know I'm missing out on something that adds to the script and to characterization. Seriously, the delay was bad enough, and now I am even more disappointed in JAST.

Are you trolling? It's a voiced game, you know- you can hear the honorifics just by listening...
嗚呼、素晴らしきエロゲー世界
Latest review: 創世奇譚アエリアル
Lancer-X
OTAKU!

Postby Imagker » Sun May 15, 2011 7:10 am

Lancer-X wrote:Are you trolling? It's a voiced game, you know- you can hear the honorifics just by listening...

Uh, no. And except it's not a fully voiced game at all, and lots of text aren't voiced. Besides that, it still sucks in having to focus on trying to pick it out from the audio while reading. It certainly doesn't help when there's no way to reply voice with a click.

JAST made a poor, disappointing decision. Simple as that.
Imagker

Postby fujifruit » Sun May 15, 2011 10:24 am

If only Jast was responsible for the translation ;_;
fujifruit
Intermediate Member

PreviousNext

Return to English Bishoujo Game Discussions